It’s hard to believe I’ve been a design practitioner for 21 years and a design educator for 7 years. What I’ve learned in my 21 years of design from industrial to graphics:
- Academic design projects are far more interesting
- There’s still no substitute for drawing with pen and paper
- Limitations are the best motivations for creativity
- Designers run the risk of believing their own hype
- Student designers should never be too enamored by professional designers
- Don’t rely on that damned computer!!!
- Inspiration can be found in the most mundane
And, of course, you don’t have to be original, you just have to be good!!!!